HAKUBA HEROES (7-14 YEARS)
White: Never skied before.
Yellow: Able to do a strong snowplough stop and starting to turn.
– We will learn / improve our snowplough turns and explore more green (beginner) terrain.
Green: Able to link strong snowplow turns on green terrain
– We will explore more challenging red (intermediate) terrain and learn how to make parallel turns on easy terrain.
Blue: Able to link parallel turns on green terrain and stem christie on red (intermediate terrain)
– We will improve our parallel turn ability and confidence on red (intermediate) terrain.
Red: Able to link parallel turns on easy black (advanced) terrain.
– We will improve parallel turn technique and gain confidence on more black (advanced) terrain.
Black: Able to link parallel turns with confidence on black (advanced) terrain, and be a safe and model skier.
– We will increase our advanced skiing skills on all terrain.
YETI CLUB (3-6 YEARS)
White: I have never skied before and learning to stop.
Yellow: I can stop. I am learning to turn.
Green: I becoming a strong turner, matching at the end of my turn.
Blue: I am learning to parallel ski.
Red: I am strong parallel exploring a variety of terrain.