BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Arrive at your first day well-rested, and try to recover from jet lag as best you can.
- Arrive fully dressed and ready to go. This includes wearing winter outerwear that is warm and cosy, Ski/SB Boots (on your child), and Skis or Snowboard.
- Some children may be anxious on their first day. Don't worry, our well-trained team are friendly and caring and will do their best to help your child settle in.
PREPARE FOR ALL WEATHER
We like to think we get a lot of snow in Hakuba. One thing we can be sure of is that the weather changes quickly and sometimes unexpectedly. Pack and prepare for all weather, this way we can keep your child as comfortable as possible. We advise you to consider the following:
- Waterproof & Warm, Jacket & Pants
- Helmet & Goggles. Sunglasses are fine, please consider the weather
- Suncream and lip balm. Please apply some suncream before coming to the ski school, we will reapply after lunch
- Thermals, top, and leggings.
- Warm dry socks
- Label all clothing on the label with your child's first initial and surname. We sometimes have many children with the same name.
- Neck Warmer
- A little money in the pocket for a hot chocolate stop
FINAL PREPERATIONS- EQUIPMENT, LESSON TICKETS & LIFT TICKETS
We recommend preparing as much as possible before you arrive at our base for your lesson. The AM before your first lesson can never go too smoothly. Having as much as possible organised, collected and in place will help you and your family on their way to a successful first morning!
We, unfortunately, do not sell equipment rentals, but there are some great equipment suppliers in Hakuba to take advantage of. We recommend organising and picking up your rentals the night before your first day.
Lesson tickets can be reserved online and picked up from one of our desks. A reservation will help you navigate our guest service office quicker when you arrive. You will only need to come here on the first day, after this you can book online and head straight to your lesson.
Lift tickets will be required for every level, regardless of use.
YOUR CHILD'S SKI SCHOOL DAY
Your child will spend their day with their group and instructor improving their sliding, exploring the outdoors, laughing, and playing.
If your child has any dietary requirements we would like to know. Spend a little time in the morning when checking in your child talking with their instructor. There will be a chance to include this on your online reservation as well. This information will help us keep your child as comfortable and as safe as possible. Medical requirements should be treated the same. We try to run a 'nut-free' facility at EISS, with this we ask you to not pack snacks and lunches with nuts or nut products in them. This EISS program comes with lunch provided.
Sign-in is from 9:30 am. If your first day we recommend being as early as possible to become familiar with our staff and facility and to get settled in without it being a rush.
Lunchtimes may be spread around different times or around the mountain especially when busy. Your instructor will know their location and time. We don't mind you checking in on your child at lunchtime but please be mindful we are sometimes in the middle of a busy lunch service with many mouths to feed.
AM Lesson pick up is from 13:15-13:30 from where you dropped them off.
Actual time on snow will vary depending on weather conditions, the group's ability, and stamina. Some groups may take a quick lunch and leave then take other breaks on the hill as they explore. Those who are new to skiing or smaller may take extra breaks throughout the day to build recharge energy.
We ask that you keep in mind that every child learns at different rates and your childs overall enjoyment is the priority to us, playing in the outdoors and snow is about making a positive experience that encourages them to continue participating in snowsports.
All-day lesson pick up is 15:30.