Terms & Conditions
Version 2023.1, Current as of 11/9/2023
In these Terms and Conditions, Evergreen International Ski School will be referred to as ‘EISS’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’.
1. By accessing any of the website and/ or booking, purchasing or using a product and/or service you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you breach these terms and conditions, EISS has the right not to allow you to use any products and/or services supplied by EISS.
2. These Terms and Conditions, including any attachments, apply to and bind you as a purchaser, holder or user of any product and/or services provided by EISS, whether booked via any websites or by any other means (including telephone, email, in person, or by visiting any relevant supplier, or through a third party).
3. If you book or purchase any product and/or service from a supplier on behalf of another person, both you and the other person agree that you make that purchase as the authorised agent of that other person so that he/she is bound by these Terms and Conditions.
BOOKING CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS TO GROUP AND PRIVATE LESSONS
4. Booking invoices must be paid in full to confirm the reservation of the product and/or service. Bookings without a paid reservation may be cancelled or removed to allow for further paid reservations.
5. These booking changes and cancellation provisions apply to all products and services unless marked exempt.
6. Changes to bookings with respect to the relevant products and/or services will only be accepted from the person in whose name the booking was made, (or parent/guardian in the case of the person whose name is on the booking is a minor) and will be confirmed by email. Changes to bookings must be submitted and confirmed in writing, prior to the scheduled start of the product and or service.
a. Changes to all products and/or services must be confirmed or requested to the following email- email@example.com , or made in person at an official EISS desk.
b. Will only be accepted from the person whose name the booking is made in (or parent/guardian if the person whose name is on the booking is a minor)
i. Changes may be made by an agent if originally booked by an agent. Same process as 11.a.
c. Will attract the following fees;
i. Cancellations made within 7 days of the scheduled product and or service start date-
1. 30% of product and/or service price where cancellation is made between 7 days and 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time/date specified in the booking.
2. 50% of the product and/or service price where cancellation is made up to 11AM the day prior to the scheduled start time/date specified in the booking.
3. 100% of the product and/or service price where cancellation is made after 11AM the day prior to the scheduled start time/date specified in the booking.
ii. Changes made on the day of the private product and/or service will be considered as a cancellation of that product and / or service and will be applicable to clause 11.c.
iii. Cancellations will not be accepted if a message is left on the answer machine, refer to section 11.c. Office hours can be found on our website.
7. No cancellation or changes are permitted and no refunds will be made once the product has been activated (date first used or product and/or service commenced on). However, in the event of injury or medical condition preventing a guest from making further use of their:
a. Multi Day Group Ski / Snowboard Product
b. Ski or Snowboard Private Lessons
A credit or refund may be assigned by us or the Supplier/Agent at reasonable discretion and upon presentation of a medical certificate, which the guest can use at another date to purchase or offset the cost of future products and/or services.
8. EISS reserves the right to cancel products and/or services due to inclement weather, insufficient bookings, events beyond our control or other unforeseen circumstances. In this case a credit maybe offered at discretion to use to purchase or offset the cost of additional products and or services, or a refund to the price of the full product and/or service that is affected.
9. Where possible persons participating in products and/or services should adhere to the Alpine Responsibility Code. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of any product and/or service provided by EISS without refund or credit.
10. Group and Private Products and/or services provided by EISS are non-transferable.
HAKUBA PLATINUM EXPERIENCE
11. ‘Unlimited’ refers to ‘day time’ operations of ski area only. This product/service is not available during ‘night skiing’ or ‘sun rise’ ski operational hours.
a. This product/service is available from first lift to last lift in day operational hours of the chosen resort.
i. Operational hours of the resorts may change throughout the season and this product/service is designed to follow this schedule.
ii. EISS reserves the right to restrict operational times of the product /service, this may include but not be limited to: EISS or Resort operational constraints, health and safety.
b. Pick up and Drop off of this product and/or service is limited to the immediate Hakuba area.
i. Decisions on pick up and drop offs outside of this area are at EISS discretion and may require additional fees to be paid.
ii. Transport is limited to the following- pick up & drop off (Resorts, Guest Accommodation), and services included in the product description. .
EXCLUSION AND LIMITION OF LIABILITY
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law that we exclude all liabilities to you including for negligence, or whether loss or damage has occurred to persons or property. Where this liability cannot be excluded, we limit our liability to you to the maximum extent permitted by law.
13. You accept that EISS will not be held liable for any loss, damage and accident incurred before, during or after the product and/or service. The participant of the product and/or service is responsible themselves for appropriate travel, holiday, recreational insurance.
I had two 2 hour private lessons, one snowboarding with Jimmy (plus my husband) and a one on one private skiing lesson with Brian. Both were absolutely fantastic with the patience of saints!Amber H (Malaysia)